"The Fat Cat" Mini Cat Backpack
For the mini adventurer with a big spirit.
Are you a new cat parent who doesn't want to leave their kitten at home alone? Maybe you're hoping to train your kitty to love the outdoors from a young age? Or do you need something more compact for every-day errands or trips to the vet? This is the backpack for you.
Here at Travel Cat, we believe every kitty deserves a life full of fun & adventure. That's why we created our line of Travel Cat gear to include felines of all sizes - from the little floofs, to those who are "big boned". Adventure should be a pawsibility for all cat parents and their kitties, to embrace the wild side & get outdoors together.
Having high-quality gear is the most important factor when looking to spend quality time outdoors with your cat. We design each piece with your cat's comfort and safety as top priority, along with your convenience as the cat parent of course!
This mini cat bubble backpack is the little sibling of our catstomer-favorite, "The Fat Cat" Backpack Carrier. Designed for smaller felines, it has all of the best features of "The Fat Cat", just miniature sized! It makes the coziest & safest space for your little furriend to call home while out & about with you. Just imagine them peering out the bubble window at the world around them, taking in all the sights & sounds! This sturdy & breathable cat backpack will follow you on all of life's adventures, big & small - whether that looks like a trip to the vet, walk around the block, journey in the car, or hiking trip.
Some pawesome features include:
- Can hold up to 15lbs (6.8kg)
- Dimensions - 13 x 10 x 16.5 (33.02 x 25.4 x 41.91 cm)
- Weight of bag itself - 2.5lbs (1.13kg)
- Comes with screen & bubble window attachments.
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Includes a removable mat for compact storage.
- Adjustable chest strap that adjusts two ways.
- Clip for your kitty's leash (like all of our backpacks!)
- Made of high-quality oxford cotton.
- Strong, breathable mesh windows for air flow.
- Air holes for even more ventilation.
We offer free returns and exchanges within 10 days of receipt. For returns, we offer store credit. This is for 48 contiguous states, does not include Alaska & Hawaii.
For Outside the United States:
We accept returns and exchanges within 10 days of receipt. Shipping must be paid for by the customer. For returns we offer store credit.
Start your return or exchange here:
It’s safe and comfortable for both of us but my 15 yr/old dog is jealous😊
Perfect for our 6 month old kitten Mia. We put the carrier in her favorite play room to get used to it/smell before use, just like the harness and leash. She has gone on multiple trips to local parks with us and even an ice cream shop, as we build up her confidence traveling (hoping to do a longer hike this summer). Mia is happiest with the bubble window insert, although it was hard to snap it into place at first, securely. I did crochet a plush mat for Mia specifically for the backpack and she promptly fell asleep inside :-) The only recommendation I would have for a redesign would be a button snap or velcro tie to roll the top of the bag (that zippers closed), because otherwise it's in the way on your back when your kitty wants to stick their head out the top.
We have wanted to take our cats on outside trips for over 10 years- thank you for making products specifically designed with cats in mind so they can join their hoomans on adventures!!!
Both my kitten and I LOVE this backpack and have no regrets about buying it. We get endless smiles and compliments everywhere we go. With that said, a few suggestions for improvement:
1) The strap for clipping the harness on is too short to allow the kitten to fully lay down. I have a strap with clips on both ends from another carrier that I use as a sort of extension cord. This mostly works for me but also gives room for the cat to jump out. The harness stops him initially but no matter how great the harness, if a cat really wants to free themselves from it, they will. It slows them down and gives you an opportunity to stop them but you have to know your cat and what he/she is capable of. Ideal fix for this would’ve been to have the strap attached to the bottom rather than the top of the bag but maybe there is a reason for the design being the way it is. 🤷🏻♀️
2) It would’ve been great if there was a way to secure the cover when the bag is open. I usually just roll it back when I wear it and it sort of stays but I do have to keep re-rolling it, which is slightly annoying but not a huge deal. I’ll probably use a safety pin to clip it back if it starts really getting to me. It’s not a big deal for now but would be great if there was a built in strap like there is in the large version of this backpack.
3) I wear this backpack almost exclusively on the front and find it pretty comfortable to wear that way. When I put it on my back the other day, it hurt my lower back a bit, so I’m not sure I would use it for long hikes or if I do, I would wear it in the front.
Awesome product overall and I am too happy with it not to give it 5 stars despite the points mentioned above. :)
My cat likes the backpack. Hasn't gotten to use it much but she does like it.
We’re super happy with the mini fat cat. My cat is currently 9 months old, 7.5 lbs, and definitely has enough room. I don’t think she’ll out grow it. We tucked her blanket in with her as it’s still cold here and she relaxed and lays down in it and she’ll hop in the backpack on her own. In the house. We also got the money cat harness and it looks awesome and a size small is perfect, very adjustable so she won’t out grow it either.